Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Group Chief Executive Officer the job holder will be expected to provide high level business, strategic and technical support to the CEO.
The individual will also provide administrative support to team members to ensure the team meets its divisional targets and objectives through effective and efficient working practices and procedures.
The main purpose of this role is to provide efficient, professional and high quality pro-active business support to the Chief Executive Officer and other stakeholders.
The main duties are:
- Accountable for managing the CEO’s office on a daily basis.
- Divert as much of the routine/less complex matters as possible away from the CEO thereby leaving him free to concentrate on only the most important matters
- Act as the main reference point both in the presence and absence of the CEO respond to resolve to a wide range of queries, channeling to the appropriate area(s) as is necessary.
- Act as a first point of contact for the Executive Office, dealing efficiently and effectively with high level enquiries from clients and other business associates
- Support the CEO with business planning, budget and performance monitoring for cost centers managed by the CEO
- Accompany the CEO on official business engagements visits and take responsibility for completing resultant work/actions.
- Act as focal point for CEO’s office in tracking strategy implementation and collating reports on the same for CEO.
- Assist the Chief Executive Officer with the preparation of briefings and reports
- Ability to develop and generate new business opportunities for the organization by generating leads and actualizing them to generate revenue.
- First point of telephone enquiries and ensure all messages are forwarded/auctioned on quickly and efficiently.
- Liaise with management and staff regarding a wide range of ongoing matters.
- Undertake any projects or initiatives handed down by the CEO. This will include research work, collection and questioning of information, attendance of meetings, strategic input, production of reports etc.
- Assist in the financial management/forecasting of programmes and running costs for the organization
- Analyze information, intelligence and prepare briefings for the management team
- Support other team activities as required (including minute taking, aspects of travel arrangements, accommodation and facilitating event functions.
A. Behavioural competencies:
- Building and Managing Relationships – develop rapport and working effectively with a diverse range of people, sharing knowledge and skills to deliver shared goals
- Develop new professional relationships
- Understands differences, anticipates areas of conflict and takes action
- Fosters an environment where others feel respected
- Identifies opportunities for joint working to minimize duplication and deliver shared goals
B. Communicating and Influencing
- Presents information and arguments clearly and convincingly so that others see the organization as credible/articulate and to engage with.
- Represents self and team positively within the organization
- Speaks and writes clearly and succinctly using appropriate language that is easy to understand
- Considers the target audience, adapting style and communication method accordingly
- Communicates persuasively and confidently and checks for understanding
- Actively supports new initiatives and tries different ways of doing things
- Provides workable solutions to solve immediate work issues and challenges
C. Planning and Organizing
- Prioritizes work in line with key team or project deliverables
- Makes contingency plans to account for changing work priorities, deadlines and milestones
- Identifies and consults with sponsors or stakeholders in planning work
- Pays close attention to detail, ensuring team’s work is delivered to a high standards
- Negotiates realistic timescales for work delivery and ensuring team deliverables can be met
- Responds flexibly to changing circumstances
- Recognizes when unable to cope and asks others for help
- Demonstrates openness to changing work priorities and deadlines
Skills & Competencies
The successful candidate will need to meet the following person specification:
- Graduate or equivalent level through work experience
- Strong business acumen with ability to quickly connect with business issues and make value-adding analysis
- Highly organized and takes control of own work effectively and that of the people supported
- Calm, efficient and remains cool when the pressure (both time and quantity of work and behavior of others) is on whilst ensuring that things happen and any work is accurate and timely.
- High level of active listening skills
- Confident/strong personality – able to hold own ground in a polite and appropriate manner
- Dynamic and strategic thinking and ability to connect details with the bigger picture
- Previous working experience in a professional firm
- Excellent Administrative skills including personal organization, coordination and prioritization ability
- Analytical and numerical skills to enable the jobholder deal with financials
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including proven report and proposal writing skills
- Proven PC skills, highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications including ability to develop high impact presentations
- Significant relationship and interpersonal skills with strong tact and diplomacy to deal with the variety of people and situations (cross-cultural sensitivity)
- Strong drive and energy, self-motivated, effective under pressure willing to take personal responsibility and accountability
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate a variety of activities/projects simultaneously
- High degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality
- Exceedingly attentive to details, ability to focus and conduct business with few errors
- Approachable, tenacious and works well under pressure
- Ability to speak French or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
If you believe you qualify for this position, please send your CV and details of your current and expected remuneration to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only qualified candidates shall be contacted