Ref: Int5763 Nairobi Based
Contract: C 2 National - Fixed term; 6 Months (Maternity cover)
Salary: Kshs 247,713 Gross p.m.( Entry Level);
Who we are
Oxfam in Kenya implements an exciting and dynamic programme; incorporating both rapid and slow onset emergencies, longer term development and influential advocacy policy work.
Oxfam Kenya is engaging in the great changes taking place in Kenya including the devolution of government, preparation for peaceful elections, the discovery of Oil in the Arid Lands and the expansion of informal urban settlements.
Oxfam in Kenya works in Turkana, Dadaab, Wajir and the Nairobi informal settlements as well as on national level governance and coordination issues in multi stakeholder fora
About the role
- Leading the National Pillars team, the Campaigns Coordinator drives Oxfam’s cross cutting advocacy, peace building, governance and climate change agendas.
- Reporting to the National Program Coordinator, the primary responsibility of the Campaigns coordinator is to support the wider programme team in the selection of key policy and practice issues and the development and implementation of campaigns to address them.
- Oxfam Kenya’s focus areas, supported by the Campaigns team, are Livelihoods, Water and Sanitation, Peace Building, Governance and Climate change.
- The Campaigns Coordinator advises all teams in research, policy identification & analysis as well as lobbying on poverty related socio-economic issues.
- The post holder will also monitor the implementation of the Strategic Objective for Advocacy/Campaigns (National Pillars) and provide advice and guidance to programme teams, including monitoring and evaluating program advocacy work.
What we are looking for
To be considered for this position, you will possess:
- Experience of identifying and creating sustained campaigns for changes in policy and practice; a commitment to and experience of building and working within partnership; a strong analytical ability as well as the ability to crystallise issues in complex situations; the vision to identify opportunities and the creativeness to respond to them.
- You will also have a bachelor’s degree in public policy, political science, international relations, international affairs or any other relevant field coupled with five years experience working with or within Civil Society, preferably within a long term development or humanitarian context.
- A mature understanding of context, dilemmas, challenges and ways of working as well as track record in campaigns are required for this role.
If you believe you fit the profile, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post that you are applying for and including daytime telephone contact and two referees, preferably your current line managers to email@example.com quoting the title and the reference number of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
You can also apply online and view the detailed job profile by visiting http://www.oxfam.org.uk/whatwe-do/about-us/working-at-oxfam using INT5763.
The closing date for these positions is on 19th October 2012.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization
Diversity The difference starts with you