We are seeking a minimum two year commitment from an exceptional early-mid career human resources professional to enhance and improve upon organisational capacity building efforts to support the growth of a driven and ambitious start-up social business – a truly unique opportunity to create impact on a global scale.
The role will require a close working relationship with the venture’s CEO, Operations Director, Financial Director, Operations Officer and future production and strategy teams and across the entire organisation as a whole. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Values System: formalise a clear and compelling values system for the venture with the CEO and lead initiatives to translate this into a strong, understood and lasting organisation culture.
- Systems Development: develop robust and scalable HR and Administrative systems across the organisation, from tactical to strategic.
- Recruiting: facilitate leadership discussions around the staffing strategy and manage the end-to-end recruitment and on boarding of international and local staff, including developing job descriptions and managing job postings.
- Professional Development: assist the future Training Manager to roll out professional development trainings for our corporate and production staff, including integration with performance management.
- Performance Management: lead the development and roll out of performance management processes and tools across the organisation, including integration with career paths.
- Career Paths: develop a structured promotion pathway for each role, including timescales, remuneration, performance requirements and reporting lines.
- Human Resource Manual: develop and maintain a simple, clear and structured Human Resources Manual for the organisation aligned to the employment laws of Kenya and UK.
- Knowledge Management: assist the future Technology Officer to develop a robust and scalable knowledge management system and ensure that historical knowledge is transmitted and built upon by current staff.
- Staff Incentives: develop and maintain a compelling but cost effective employee incentive scheme across the organisation to maximise recruitment and retention of world-class staff, including pay scale benchmarking, bonus packages, responsibility scope and other incentives.
- Internal Communications: facilitate initiatives to formalise ad-hoc and periodic internal communications across the organisation.
- Process Improvement: assess current HR and Administrative processes to identify and action further improvements on an on-going basis.
- Proposal Support: support the development of Mobius funding and partnership proposals, specifically on content concerning our organisation strategy, structure and culture.
- External Communications: prepare and manage communications with funders and other external stakeholders on a periodic and ad-hoc basis.
- Funder Management: support on-going funder relationships, including executing associated administrative tasks and reports.
- UK Office Liaison: liaise with Mobius Motors UK office as needed to support administrative and reporting requirements.
An ideal candidate should combine a unique blend of exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
They should possess an energetic disposition along with the ability to prioritise multiple tasks and take initiative regularly.
They should be rigorous, pragmatic and on-the-ground solution focussed – not overly academic.
- Bachelors Degree (minimum) in Business, Human Capital, Marketing, Communications, Economics or similar
- 3.4 GPA or higher from a top university worldwide
- 3-5+ years of professional work experience in business administration, human capital, marketing or communications
- Ability to strategically plan and lead teams of international and local Kenyan staff through to executional success
- Ability to lead cross-functionally; coordinating, leading and communicating information clearly
- Exceptional attention to detail and high quality deliverable outputs
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems
- Ability to grasp complex concepts and systems quickly, and express them in simple ways
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and to remain graceful under pressure
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make sense of multiple data sources that may sometimes be contradictory in nature
- High degree of resourcefulness; looking beyond the normal channels of information to dig out data necessary to understand the ultimate solution
- Ability to effectively communicate timelines and project progress with both internal and external management teams
- Ability to take ownership and accountability of project timeline and results
- Proficiency in Excel, Project, Power Point and Word
- Exceptional written communication skills and with experience is writing compelling messages to external stakeholders; enthusiasm to communicate clearly, confidently, and precisely
- Strong presentations skills, including excellent oral communication skills; passion to make yourself understood in an engaging and pleasant way at all times
- High sense of drive and urgency in achieving our vision
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic working environment and work within a diverse team
- Extreme patience and a good sense of humour
- Excellent relationship management; capable and enthusiastic of working with multiple personalities across the organisation, from production workers, to Kenyan office staff, to international staff, to the CEO - all coming from a variety of backgrounds and experiences
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- A start-up personality; entrepreneurial, ambitious, independent, systematic attention to detail, structured thinker, goal-oriented, flexible and able to deal well with setbacks
- Comfort with extensive travel throughout Kenya when needed – especially to regularly visit our production facilities
- Masters degree (or higher) in Business Administration (MBA), Economics, Marketing, Communication or similar
- Professional work experience with a top tier human resources consultancy internationally
- Passion for the automotive industry and social enterprise in Africa
- Administrative management experience
- Fluency in Kiswahili (the national language of Kenya)
How to apply
Click here to apply online
Click here to apply online