Vivo Energy is the new company behind the Shell brand in Africa.
A joint venture between Vitol, Helios Investment Partners and Shell, we are here to offer the very best of Shell’s products and services— including high quality differentiated fuels and lubricants, supply reliability, technical expertise, and unmatched customer service — to customers across Africa.
In doing so, we employ industry-leading health and safety standards, and are committed to delivering Shell’s products in an environmentally and socially responsible manner.
We are looking for talented individuals to fill the following exciting roles within our organisation:
Cards Sales Team Leader
(Job Ref: HR/VE/RET/1)
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Cards Sales Team Leader will be responsible for managing the cards business in Kenya, including developing and implementing the Cards marketing strategy.
Key Performance areas for the role:
- Develop and implement the company’s Cards marketing and business growth strategy as per annual plan.
- Increase profitability of the Fuel Card business portfolio whilst meeting the challenges of a more competitive environment.
- Effectively manage company’s Card debtors to within agreed levels.
- Create a strong focus on customer profitability with respect to the Cards business.
- Plan and steer implementation of Cards sales & marketing activities in line with Country strategies.
- Sell and recruit Card customers through active prospecting.
- Ensure the reliable, properly-managed and efficient operation of existing Card centre infrastructure, with minimum down-time and reliable card services.
- Ensure Card centre business standards and procedures are applied (including incident reporting and management), and that client data and systems are properly protected.
- Bachelor degree — preferably in Business, with at least four years’ selling experience in an FMCG/Banking/Card environment.
- Must have at least two years’ supervisory experience in a sales environment.
- Knowledge of Card marketing is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and influence others.
- Strong relationship management skills and ability to work with diverse stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience in implementing sales and marketing initiatives.
(Job Ref: HR/VE/DIS/1)
Reporting to the Aviation Operations Manager, the Aviation Superintendent will be responsible for supervising the provision of fuelling operations, depot maintenance, engineering projects, inventory management and customer service at the assigned Aviation depot.
Key Performance areas for the role:
- Manage the daily depot operations, including fuelling operations, shift management, equipment management, etc. Ensure all operations in the depot are carried out strictly in accordance with operational procedures and Health Safety Security & Environmental (HSSE) standards.
- Provide HSSE Leadership during HSSE meetings/communications, airport inspections, walkabouts, incident and potential incident reporting, and emergency response.
- Ensure Aviation depot complies with all regulations (e.g. Kenya Revenue Authority guidelines), and that all non-compliance issues are closed out.
- Stock Management — ensure adequate stock and full stock reconciliation as per company guidelines.
- Customer focus — provide leadership in ensuring provision of quality customer service.
- Participate fully in sales — lead Sales/Supply/Ops initiative to ensure smooth communication across these interfaces within Aviation, with particular focus on maximising information sharing for key tenders.
- People management.
- Engineering or technical degree with at least three years’ experience in depot operations, preferably in the Petroleum or Aviation industry.
- Knowledge in at least two of the following areas: Aviation operations, depot engineering, maintenance. Project management is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of inventory management is essential.
- Knowledge of HSSE standards in oil industry.
If you are up to the challenge, and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, please email your detailed résumé with your cell phone number to hrkenyavivoenergy.com.
Please outline your experience/qualifications, and clearly quote the job title and reference.
The deadline for applications is 31st Jan 2013.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Vivo Energy ¡s an equal opportunity employer!